The workplace is becoming increasingly more difficult to manage, so it is important to understand the latest employment standards and issues that can have implications on you and your business.
Comprising of four one-hour recorded webinars, this 12 CPD points eLearning course will cover National Employment Standards, commission-only employment, bullying and harassment and workplace health and safety.
Specifically, the webinars will cover:
1. National Employment Standards (NES)
- Explanation of each of the 10 NES, with an emphasis on those standards which are causing the most concern for the businesses community.
2. Commission-only employment
- Assist agencies get it right when setting up and managing commission-only employment arrangements
- Examine the qualifications that must be satisfied for a real estate sales agent to be engaged on a commission-only employment
- Examine the benefits and pitfalls of commission-only employment.
3. Bullying and harassment
- Examine what constitutes bullying and steps that agency owners should be taking to limit the possibility of a claim
- How to respond to claims including conducting a workplace investigation.
4. Workplace health and safety (WHS)
- What is a workplace health and safety plan
- What should management commit to
- How should employees be involved
- What is a Safety Committee and why you should have one
- How to identify and control common workplace hazard
- How to report and investigate an accident or incident
- Why a periodic review of your WHS plan is critical.
Meet the presenter
Greg Patterson was appointed as REEF’s Executive Director in 1993 and for 23 years guided and shaped the success of REEF. He held this position until June 2016 when he decided to move into the position of Membership Services Director.
Greg’s real strength is in industrial advocacy and his passion has always been to work directly with REEF’s members and assist them with their workplace issues. Moving into the Membership Services Director position allows Greg to focus more directly on driving membership growth, and guiding and protecting the workplace interests of members.
In 2013, Greg was awarded the prestigious REINSW Woodrow Weight Award – a lifetime achievement award for outstanding contribution to the real estate industry.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Education and a Diploma of Teaching.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact REINSW Training on (02) 9264 2343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org